A successful hunting mission depends not only on the hunting weapon, scope, and bolts but also on your accurate positioning. You can make a kill from concealing yourself in the blinds, but a tree stand provides you with more flexibility and a better target. Animals look upwards often while they are walking or running in the forest. It is also easier for a hunter like you to observe the movement of the animals.
As you need to sit and wait for the tree stands for hours, it should provide you with better support, comfort, and stability. So, finding the best climbing tree stand for big guys might be a bit tiring job for you if you don’t spend time researching it. But the good news is we have done the long-tiring research for you to find the best one that will comfortably meet your needs.
Why Use A Climbing Treestand For Big Guys?
A climbing treestand must ensure better support for big guys. Then comfort and other associated terms should come by turns. Also, the seating capacity should be up to the mark to capacitate the big guys’ girth. Otherwise, hunting may not be a sweet experience for you if you are one of the big guys.
It should also have enough strength to provide a big guy with proper support. Therefore, the treestand materials for big guys should hold up to 350 lbs to ensure your comfort. It might be difficult for big guys while chasing a deer or walking down the rough terrain. So, a sturdy tree stand that can hold your weight should be an excellent way of hunting for big guys.
Table of content:
The table of content has been designed so that you might find anything through the article easily. With a mouse click on any section of the article, you can directly jump to the spot. Also, you will have a clear idea about what we have covered here.
We have not just made a comparison chart of our selected products by their names. We have outlined some features to make a quick purchase decision if you are a busy individual. We have created a list based on their strength, ease of use, flexibility, and more.
Summit 180 MAX SD Treestand
Lone Wolf Hand Climber Combo II Climbing Tree Stand
XOP-XTREME OUTDOOR PRODUCTS Air Raid Cast Aluminum Tree Stand – Aluminum Deer Stand for Hunting
OL’MAN TREESTANDS Multi-Vision Climbing Stand, Steel Construction with 21″ Wide Net Seat, Gray, One Size (COM-04)
X-Stand Deluxe Aluminum Climbing Tree Stand
Muddy The Boss Hang-On Treestand- Silent Straps
6 Best Climbing Tree Stand for Big Guys Reviews 2020
When it comes to finding a treestand for you, especially if you are a big guy, you need to consider several things, including types of Tree stand, materials, build, etc. Our expert team has invested a huge amount of time finding the 6 best climbing tree stand for big guys individually. So, you can get one and stay on the safe side with the purchase decision with us.
1. Summit 180 MAX SD Treestand
Summit 180 MAX treestand provides you with everything you need as a big guy. So, your search for the best tree stand for big guys should end with it. It is a high-capacity climbing treestand that ensures a 4-point safety harness. While sitting on the treestand and aim for your target animal with your rifle or crossbow, it does not produce sound due to its sound deadening technology.
It helps you achieve your hunting goal because animals cannot flee away from hearing the produced noise. The RapidClimb stirrups allow you to climb up the tree faster and conveniently. Also, its straps, ropes, hardware, and pads provide you with both support and security.
Its reversible surround seat benefits you to sit in both directions. The treestand comes with a large 6-channel aluminum platform, which ensures its sturdiness. You can adjust the height according to your needs before making a shot. It is a well-fitted treestand that can hold up to 350 lbs and can cover 8 to 20 inches diameters.
Summit 180 MAX Features:
- For rapid climbing up a tree, the treestand provides you RapidClimb stirrups.
- The high-capacity climbing treestand allows 350 pounds to capacitate your weight well.
- Sound deadening technology of the stand does not produce too much sound to disturb any animal.
- It comes with a large 6 channel aluminum platform for better strength.
- The seat height is adjustable and reversible for covering all directions.
2. Lone Wolf Hand Climber Combo II Climbing Tree Stand
When you want to hunt from a treestand, it should be the most comfortable climbing tree stands that allow you to climb smoothly. The lightweight feature of the treestand improves its portability, and you can carry the frame with you at a longer distance. Also, it benefits you to climb and pull the down stand with your feet quickly.
The Best Portable Climbing Tree Stand meets all your requirements and comes with full-featured. But you have to make sure that on the tree you will use, the stand width is 6 to 19 in diameter. As you might need to spend multiple hours or even a whole day sitting on it for the hunt, its contoured foam seat pad provides you much comfort.
It doesn’t matter if you want to install the treestand in the thickest areas. Yes, after folding and packing the stand, it gets down the measurement into only 5 inches. The treestand’s weight limit is not more than 350 pounds, which can hold both you and your necessities like food, backpack, and weapons well.
Lone Wolf Hand Climber Features
- A suitable treestand for hunters, especially for big guys and can hold up to 350 pounds.
- It is lightweight and portable, so it is easier to carry the treestand with you and install it on a tree.
- The treestand fits most trees that are 6 to 19 inches in diameter.
- It has a padded seat that is contoured and comfortable to sit on for your day-long hunting mission.
- It comes with two side straps to secure both the stands with each other not to be detached.
3. XOP-XTREME OUTDOOR PRODUCTS Air Raid Cast Aluminum Tree Stand – Aluminum Deer Stand for Hunting
If you are big enough, you need a climbing tree stand for big guys to provide you with better support and comfort. It would be best if you did not look after the tree stand, and you can completely concentrate on your target animal’s movement. The cast aluminum construction of the tree stand improves its strength and longevity. The lightweight feature of the best climbing deer stand allows you to carry easily to your desired destination.
While climbing on a tree with the stand, it produces almost no sound, which is an advantage to hunt a deer in the wilderness. Deer hunting should not be an easy task for any hunter. You might wait long hours for the perfect timing. It would help if you had a tree stand with a comfortable seating capacity, and it has a three-layer compression foam seat pad that encourages you to sit all day long.
Even for crooked trees, you might find it suitable because of its ultimate offset capability. The heavy-duty stand can effortlessly capacitate up to 350 pounds, including you and your necessities on it. To summarize, it is your all-round tree stand that provides you with everything you need. Its safety harness UV treated straps for better security have made it the best choice for you.
XOP-XTREME OUTDOOR Features:
- It is a lightweight yet sturdy tree stand that is only 12.5 lbs and can capacitate not more than 350 pounds.
- Its sturdiness lies in its cast aluminum construction and very quiet and makes almost no sound.
- The tree stand is equipped with a tri-layer compression foam seat for your better comfort while hunting.
- Its heat-treated steel does not allow the stand to get overheated in the sun so that you can sit hours upon hours.
- The fastening straps, backpack straps, and six-point bracket improve its sturdiness and stability on the tree.
4. OL’MAN TREESTANDS Multi-Vision Climbing Stand, Steel Construction with 21″ Wide Net Seat, Gray, One Size (COM-04)
Nothing can come in handy to compete with OL’MAN treestands when you are after a heavy-duty climbing tree standing out there in the market. Steel construction of the stand benefits of holding your weight accurately without incurring any mess-ups. Whether you are a gun hunter or bowhunter, you will find it suitable for you because you can transform the footrest to weapon-rest.
When you are up to climbing a tree with a stand, it should be lightweight and well-functioning. Therefore, you can consider it your Best Lightweight Climbing Tree Stand that enables you to make a kill sitting comfortably on it. If you want to hunt a deer, you should know that a little sound can miss your hunt. So, it is one of the quietest climbing trees stand on the market right now.
A 21-inch wide net style seat provides you with enough space for your circumference. The seat pad of the tree stand is comfortable for a long time sitting. The stand is sturdy to hold up to 300 pounds on it, including your weapons and other necessities. It works on up to the 20-inch tree to fit the stand on it.
OL’MAN TREESTANDS Features:
- The foot/gun rest allows you to utilize both. After removing the gun rest, you can flip it and use it as a footrest.
- For a long time sitting on the tree stand, it comes with a 21-inch wide seat for capacitating a big guy like you.
- The quiet feature of the tree stands benefits you to hunt like a pro without producing any noise.
- Weighing only 29-pounds, it can hold your weight up to 300 lbs, including all with you.
- For better strength and stability on the tree, it appears with steel construction.
5. X-Stand Deluxe Aluminum Climbing Tree Stand
The aluminum construction of the tree stand has made it sturdier and stable for sitting long hours. So, your true search for the best aluminum climbing tree stand should finish at the X-Stand Deluxe tree stand. You will come across 3-part design cables for more protection and security that you can run through the aluminum extrusions and rubber.
Nylon washers are used in the stealth silencer so that the wild animals cannot alert hearing the sound. The feature is most suitable for deer as they listen to a little sound and escape from the area. The depth of the 21 inches wide seat is customizable, and you can adjust it up to 16 inches.
If you find a crowded space for your sitting like a big guy, you might push out for more room to sit on it. Your standing shots can be made from the stand as it provides you with 27”x20”. The seat bar and armrest are padded for better comfort while aiming and shooting. You will get an accessory bag for better transport.
X-Stand Deluxe Features:
- It is foldable, and you can carry in the built-in backpack and the straps for easy transporting.
- It comes with a Nylon washer that does not let the wild animals alert and escape for deadening noise.
- It provides you with enough room for sitting even if you are a big guy and offers you to shoot standing on it.
- Aluminum construction has made it more robust, and its lightweight feature enables you to carry comfortably.
- By pushing out the seat, you can avail more room for sitting and standing during a shot.
6. Muddy The Boss Hang-On Treestand- Silent Straps
If you are on a tight budget and find a tree stand that does not compromise its quality, you should discover Muddy The Boss Hang-On Treestand worth for you. Cheap climbing tree stands do not mean that they cannot provide you with a better solution for hunting climbing on a tree. It comes with a comfortable Flex-Tek seat that allows you to sit for hours or even the whole day.
The comfort and conformity of the seat let your body adjust accordingly to spend all the time making a successful hunting mission. You can make a shot standing and flipping back the seat. The silent straps of the stand avoid making any noise that can potentially miss out on a hunt.
When you are done with today’s hunting mission, you can quickly bring it with you due to having a folding feature and easy storage ability. The non-slip platform provides you 24”x30” stances that help you make a shot more confidently.
Muddy The Boss Features:
- It should be the best budget tree stand without compromising its quality, comfort, and stability on the tree.
- It has a comfortable Flex-Tek seat that allows your body to conform with the seat for a better seating position.
- The flip-back seat enables you to flip it when you need the platform’s full space to use.
- The tree stand can be folded flat for easy transportation, and you can store it easily for carrying.
- If you are a bowhunter, you need more space for wide stances that the tree stand provides you.
How Do You Use A Climbing Tree Stand?
A tree stand offers you more chances to make a successful mission. It is almost difficult for wild animals to trace your location. Then you can be ready, wait, and release your bolt or arrow to make a kill in the wilderness. In this writing piece, we are also here to share how you use a climbing tree stand appropriately so that there are no inconveniences.
After finding the perfect tree stand based on your requirements, you should start your journey to climb. But wait because there are many things to perform before you jump on! Examine the tree you are trying to set your stand to rise. Make sure it does not have dried bark. The barks of the tree should be attached to it firmly. Otherwise, the cable of the stand may slip out and cause any potential harm to you.
Now it is time to attach the tree’s cable stand to the tree you like to climb. Make sure you have attached the line securely connecting all the connectors with the accessory bag. Please don’t set the stand up to your chest as you might find it challenging to climb on it first. Also, make sure you have connected all the straps and securely.
Never forget to tie the bowstring with your bow or crossbow so that you can pull it back to you after climbing. Sometimes, hunters may forget to attach the string to their bow, and they need to do the same thing again. It would also be best if you secured the straps tightly to the bottom stand for better security.
As you have done everything correctly, it is time for you to start climbing the tree. While climbing the tree, you should also attach the safety harness to the tree so that you can get more comfort. Now, push the top stand with your hands and pull the bottom one with your feet. When you have achieved your desired height, remove the crossbow back to you by pulling the string, and you are almost ready to go.
Frequently Asked Question
Frequently asked questions related to the topic to enhance your knowledge and help to find the best climbing tree stand for big guys, too.
Are Climbing tree stands dangerous?
Climbing tree stands are safe if you can set it correctly. If you fail to strap with the bottom part of the stand, you might experience difficulty while climbing, and you may not end up climbing on the tree.
Are hang on tree stands safe?
Doing things appropriately is always safe for you. When you lean the ground, you have to consider that you are at risk. Therefore, sticking on the tree and attaching your safety harness to the tree is wise.
How high should I climb in my tree stand?
It depends on the support and stability of the tree stand. But you should not exceed the height of 17 to 20 feet up in the tree. Because you also need to get off the tree, spending a lot of time.
Does climbing tree stand damage trees?
Climbing tree stands may not damage a tree. When you use screws or similar things to attach your stand to the tree, it may be harmful to trees. But tree stands do not use something like that, so it is safe.
Which type of tree is right for the climbing tree stand?
It would be best if you did not start climbing on a tree using a tree stand. Before starting, you have to make sure that the tree is alive and has no dried branches or bark that may be a sign for sliding from it.
The best climbing tree stand for big guys can take your hunting experience to the next level. But finding the best one is not so easy because you have to consider a lot of things, including their stability, flexibility, functions, and more. Otherwise, you may invest your money in the wrong one.
Our recommendation should be Summit 180 MAX treestand because of its functionality, flexibility, and sturdiness. Also, the lightweight feature of the tree stand allows you to move with it anywhere you require. If you are a big guy, don’t worry because it can comfortably capacitate 350 pounds.