Without proper hunting gear, hunting cannot be an exciting activity. Anytime you set out for a hunting expedition, you need to be equipped with the right hunting equipment to make your experience worthwhile. That way, no matter the challenges you end up facing in the woods, you will be well equipped.
The best hunting backpack under 100 is not only affordable but also makes all the difference when hunting. What makes a backpack is necessary is it makes the hunting trip easier because you will have stored your hunting gear in one convenient place. Your job is to ensure that you choose a quality hunting backpack that will provide enough storage for your gears.
Why do I need a hunting backpack?
You need a hunting backpack because it enables you to carry everything you need for your hunting adventure. You cannot carry your hunting gear with your bare hands, not unless you plan to go with only a rifle, which is not possible. Even if you are going hunting for just a day, you still require a hunting backpack; that cannot be argued.
There is so much to consider when going hunting, and as a serious hunter, you must understand the need for the right hunting backpack. You cannot have a successful hunting venture without this backpack; your adventure depends on it. This backpack is the perfect companion you need by your side, always while in the woods. If you don’t have a hunting backpack, I cannot emphasize enough how you need to invest in one.
Table of Content:
- 5 best hunting backpack under 100 Reviews 2020
- 1. TETON Sports Ultralight Plus Backpacks; Lightweight Hiking Backpack for Camping
- 2. INSIGHTS Hunting THE ELEMENT All Weather Hunting Backpack in Realtree EDGE
- 3. ALPS OutdoorZ Trail Blazer Hunting Pack
- 4. Peregrine Venture Bucket Pack Hunting Bucket Backpack Combo
- 5. TENZING TX Pace Day Hunting Pack, Mossy Oak Country
- What to pack in a hunting backpack?
- How to choose a hunting backpack?
TETON Sports Ultralight Plus Backpacks; Lightweight Hiking Backpack for Camping
INSIGHTS Hunting THE ELEMENT All Weather Hunting Backpack in Realtree EDGE
ALPS OutdoorZ Trail Blazer Hunting Pack
Peregrine Venture Bucket Pack Hunting Bucket Backpack Combo
TENZING TX Pace Day Hunting Pack, Mossy Oak Country
5 best hunting backpack under 100 Reviews 2020
Hunting is a great adventure that can be made even more fun with the best hunting backpack under 100. In this review, we will discuss in length the top 5 best hunting backpack under 100 that will guarantee you of successful hunting experience. You will be able to choose the one that suits you best, depending on your hunting needs.
1. TETON Sports Ultralight Plus Backpacks; Lightweight Hiking Backpack for Camping
If you have been looking for a backpack ideal for travel, hunting, outdoor sports, and hiking, go for the TETON Sports backpack; it is meant for all kinds of activities. It comes with a tarp that you can pitch for use as a shelter when out in the fields. The tarp can also work out best as a poncho that ensures you and the backpack remain dry.
You will love the additional padded split dual wishbone waist pad inclusive of the independent top and bottom hip meant for adjustment. This ensures that you get the right fit adjustment for your body. This backpack can be used by men and women thanks to its torso adjustments. The stormproof zippers are ideal in keeping everything in your backpack safe, secure, and dry.
A best lightweight hunting backpack with an aluminum frame that offers stability while ensuring that your load feels less bulky. It is designed with a black Oxford shell meant for additional strength to enable you to maneuver through rugged adventures. It also features several compression straps plus strong buckles that allow you to balance the backpack perfectly.
TETON Sports Ultralight Features:
- The TETON Sports backpack features added padded split waist belt with independent top and bottom hip that allows the desired customizable fit.
- An Ultralight Plus lightweight backpack that is yet strong to carry all the heavy-duty equipment you require for your outdoor expeditions.
- It is designed with a black oxford canvas shell that provides additional strength that ensures you go through the most rugged adventures.
- The many compression straps of this backpack provide robust buckles that deliver balance as you carry your pack.
- This backpack is fitted with an aluminum frame that offers stability such that your load feels less cumbersome on your back.
2. INSIGHTS Hunting THE ELEMENT All Weather Hunting Backpack in Realtree EDGE
This is the most detailed hunting backpack suitable for use in all-weather thanks to its TS3 front panel system. With this system found in the hybrid weapon carrier backpack, you can handle anything the weather brings your way. This is also enabled by hidden rain fly, which keeps you prepared for any weather element.
The Realtree EDGE unique design makes it possible for you to wrap the backpack around a tree and keep it there safely as you got tackle other tasks. Additionally, the new TS3 gear access system folds out fantastically into a shelf that eventually converts to basket. By doing that, it allows you to keep your possessions safely.
An ALL Weather Hunting Backpack has a hideaway hip belt system that can be used as you travel, at work, and even at school. It is a reliable hunting backpack with a hydration bladder that comes with a hydration straw routing port. All your hunting gear will be kept covered well by this backpack, making it the best hunting pack for the money.
INSIGHTS Hunting Features:
- INSIGHTS Hunting backpack featuring TS3 front panel system ensures that you can use the pack in any kind of weather.
- This backpack comes with a hidden rain fly, which keeps you prepared and protected from any weather element.
- The Realtree EDGE special design allows you to wrap the backpack around a tree as you carry on with other tasks.
- It features a new TS3 gear access system designed to fold out into a shelf that eventually converts to basket to keep your possessions safe.
- A Hunting Backpack with a hideaway hip belt system that is perfect for use as you work, in school, or when traveling.
3. ALPS OutdoorZ Trail Blazer Hunting Pack
The Alps Outdoorz Trail Blazer Backpack is highly-functional, offering ample room for everything you want to carry. It is designed with front lashing straps accompanied with bartacked webbing for additional storage as well as a hydration port. You will have a total storage space of up to 2,500 cubic inches, making it one of the good hunting backpacks.
This hunting pack is not only durable but also lightweight, such that it does not feel heavy on you as you carry your load. If you are worried that your pack won’t have room for your rifle, worry not because it comes with expandable pockets that can suit your bows or rifle perfectly. The PE frame sheet is excellent in offering the ultimate support and a huge pocket to store all your gear.
A Trail Blazer hunting backpack with a zippered front pocket that you can use to store your accessories. You will also find two lower side mesh pockets, one for your water bottles and the other for each of your accessories. The ALPS OutdoorZ Trail Blazer is one of the best hunting backpack brands you can invest in having padded shoulder straps for ultimate comfort.
ALPS OutdoorZ Features:
- This hunting pack’s bartacked webbing creates numerous attachment points on the front perfect for storing additional gear.
- It is a durable and lightweight hunting pack that ensures that you don’t feel your load’s heaviness on your shoulders.
- This ALPS Trail Blazer pack is designed with expandable pockets that give room for your rifle and bows.
- The PE frame sheet featured on this pack works excellently to offer maximum support for all your gear.
- A hunting backpack with two lower sides mesh pockets that you can use to store your water bottles and accessories.
4. Peregrine Venture Bucket Pack Hunting Bucket Backpack Combo
The Peregrine Venture Bucket Pack is a fully insulated backpack that comes with padded back pads having sturdy straps to enable you to carry a 5-gallon bucket comfortably. You will love the cushioned seat provided by the 360-degree silent spin lid that permits you to rest anywhere with ease. Its reinforced nylon base features non-slip feet to give you balance as you hit the woods.
This is one of the top rated hunting backpacks that keeps your backpack closer to your back thanks to the ergonomic shoulder straps. The formed pockets can accommodate five boxes of shotgun shells measuring up to 3 inches. You will also love the insulated water bottle holders, two in number for one liter perfect for carrying your water.
The chest strap of this hunting backpack works excellently to keep shoulder straps perfectly in place. It comes with top-notch insulation that allows you to keep your contents, especially foodstuff cold, for not less than 26 hours. The thick back support padding provided works perfectly for the long hauls as you carry on your adventure with this Venture Bucket Pack.
Peregrine Venture Features:
- This hunting backpack features a Silent Spinning bucket lid seat that permits you to sit on your pack as you take some rest.
- It comes with a thick back support padding ideal for long hauls as you carry your Venture Bucket Pack.
- The hunting backpack is designed with formed pockets meant for five boxes of shotgun shells that are of 3 inches.
- A Peregrine Venture Bucket Pack with padded back pads with strong straps ensures that you comfortably carry a 5-gallon bucket.
- The top-notch insulation of this hunting bucket keeps your contents cold for up to 26 hours.
5. TENZING TX Pace Day Hunting Pack, Mossy Oak Country
The TENZING TX Pace Day Hunting Pack is outstanding due to its ability to allow you to go deeper when hunting and to do it for longer. This is because the hunting pack is torture tested to withstand the most challenging hunt, no matter how brutal. It is the perfect pack ideal for tree stand featuring a full interior access main compartment and a versatile face compartment.
This day hunting backpack is designed with a fleece-lined stash pocket that gives you room to store your flashlight. You will also find two mesh side pockets that are ideal for storing your water, enabling easy access. It is a cheap hunting backpack that is affordable to carry your equipment for your daily outdoor activities.
The TX Pace is the best small hunting backpack that you can fit your content for a day’s use. You will enjoy unmatched comfort with this pack due to the molded shoulder strap that also comes with adjustable chest straps. This allows you to focus on your hunting without stressing or worrying about sore and aching shoulders.
TENZING TX Pace Features:
- A Hunting backpack featuring molded shoulder straps inclusive of an adjustable chest strap gives you maximum comfort as you hunt.
- The TENZING TX Pace Day pack is torture tested to endure a brutal hunt without getting damaged.
- It comes with a wide interior access main compartment and a versatile face compartment perfect for a tree stand.
- This TX Pace hunting features a fleece-lined stash pocket that you can use to store your flashlight.
- The hunting backpack has two mesh side pockets that provide adequate room to store your water.
What to pack in a hunting backpack?
A hunting adventure calls for proper planning, which includes preparing what will contain in your hunting backpack. Many people don’t understand that this pack will be your companion as you hunt; hence it should contain all the essential things you will require. There are essential items that should feature the most in your hunting backpack to make your hunting trip a success. They include: –
Without water, your body cannot function properly because you may end up dehydrated. Of all things you require for survival, water is the most essential. Save ample space in your backpack to carry several water bottles to keep you in the best form in the woods. Many hunting backpacks come with water bladders that you can use to store your water supply. What you should ensure when packing your backpack is to leave a significant space to pack water.
Hunting is exhausting and can end up draining your energy. That is why you have to back adequate food, especially dried one that is not perishable. If you are going away for a few days, you can carry high-calorie protein bars, dried fruits, and canned foods.
First Aid Kit
When you are out in the woods as you find your way in rugged terrains, you may end up getting hurt. Besides that, accidents are bound to happen anywhere, and they are usually unexpected. What better way to get prepared by arming yourself with a first aid kit that comes in handy when you injure yourself. Some situations can be dire almost fatal, but that can be prevented by having a first aid kit. Ensure you pack it, for you never know when you will need it. It is better to have one than to regret later.
You cannot go on a hunting spree without a knife; it wouldn’t make any sense. Your hunt will require dressing before you bring it home, so your knife should be sharp and strong. Pack a knife with a comfortable grip and a handle that allows ease of use. A good hunting knife is critical because what is hunted must be cleaned.
The weather can get a little bit unpredictable when you are out hunting. That is why you need to pack the right rain gear that will give you comfort while preventing any kind of moisture. Inasmuch as you may not eventually require the rain gear during your trip, it wouldn’t hurt to have them. They can make a difference between a memorable hunting experience and an awful one.
A tactical flashlight that is waterproof and durable works excellently when out hunting. It would be best if you saw clearly when darkness falls to help you find your way and help you settle in your campsite. With a flashlight, you are protected from danger because you can see an intruder from a distance.
How to choose a hunting backpack?
When looking for a hunting backpack, you can be overwhelmed by the different designs making it impossible for you to choose the best hunting backpack. However, this will no longer be a challenge because we will look into the factors to consider when choosing the ideal backpack. That way, you will be able to understand the critical pointers to factor in when buying your pack.
You will require several hunting gears for your hunting expedition, meaning your backpack should be big. This is to ensure that everything you need fits in perfectly. That is why the size of the hunting backpack should be the number one factor to look into. It wouldn’t do you justice to buy a pack and find out later that it cannot accommodate everything you require for your hunting trip. Take note of the number of days you will spend on your hunting trip, and everything you will require to carry with you, then choose a hunting backpack that can accommodate all that.
A good hunting backpack should be durable to give you service for a long time. This means the material used should be of exceptional quality so that your backpack carries you season after season. Don’t go for a backpack that will serve you a few numbers of times and end up losing value. It will be a wastage of your money for you will have to purchase another one. Ensure the material is strong, breathable, and water-resistant, so you will be assured that it will give you a long service.
Check if the hunting backpack you are eyeing has comfortable shoulder straps. This will ensure that your shoulders don’t get hurt when carrying your pack. If the hunting backpack does not offer comfort, you will end up worn out even before you indulge in hunting. This means you will have to go back home empty-handed and that is something you don’t want to do, trust me! Therefore, choose a bad with great padded shoulder straps that come with a mesh for ventilation. To ease the load on your back, ensure the backpack has the ideal chest harness strap.
Work with the budget you have without thinking that you will not get a quality hunting backpack if you don’t spend much. That is not the case because there are affordable backpacks whose quality is unmatched. Once you identify what you need in a backpack, shop around to ensure that you get one with the amount you have planned spending. Remember that prices typically differ with hunting backpacks; hence, it is up to you to consider how much you are willing to invest.
Number of pockets
Check if the hunting pack you are considering purchasing has enough pockets to ensure that you pack your accessories in an organized manner. Check on the number of pockets and their size to give you an easy time organizing your hunting gear. You will also be able to access everything you require easier if the hunting backpack has many pockets.
Some hunting backpacks are usually heavy while still emptying. This should make you think twice because if it’s heavy without hunting gear, you can imagine how heavier it will be once you pack everything you need. Choose a hunting back that is lightweight that comes with redistributed weight making it easy to carry.
If you love hunting, you can agree with me that it brings a lot of thrilling excitement that you cannot trade for anything in the world. However, you cannot have a successful hunting experience without the best hunting backpack under 100. You, therefore, need to invest in one if you are keen on bringing a hunt back home that everyone will be thrilled about.
The INSIGHTS Hunting THE ELEMENT All Weather Hunting Backpack in Realtree EDGE stands out as the best hunting backpack under 100. This is because of its design that can withstand the harshest weather. It is also lightweight and made with a customizable fit.